🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Situations at work!!!!!

Started by
6 comments, last by Mindgamer 24 years, 3 months ago
I came up with this very important question when I sat down yesterday thingking about the relations between men and women at work. Well we all know that we''re now days are equall in work. But have you ever thought about the relation thing in the work "GAME DESIGNING"...Your working very close to each other and there must be some sort of prechure. There must be somthing defferent in this way of working. All of you that in some way know this reply to this.,. All posts are welcome. Just post it on man...and women!!! Greetings: Mindgamer Juup I''m here!
The 2D cookmeister
Advertisement
Could you please rephrase that question...if it is a question? I don''t understand it. What kind of pressure do you mean?

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
Sorry for the bad language. I just wanted to write this fast. But it seems that I didn''t over look it.

I''ll rewrite it here!!!

I came up with this very important question when I sat down yesterday thinking about the relations between men and women at work. Well we all know that we''re now days are equall in work. But have you ever thought about the relation man and women have at the work "GAME DESIGNING"

Your working very close to each. Much closer then you do in many other jobs. Instead of the work pressure I coulduse the word comunity.

My question is "what do you think about working with a man/women at the work of "game development"

All of you that in some way know how to reply.,.your welcome to do so!

All posts are welcome. Just post it on man...and women!!!

Greetings: Mindgamer

Juup I''m here!
The 2D cookmeister
there are still some problem inmy post!

the following words are wrong

comunity should be: corporation

should be each other
\/
Your working very close to each. Much closer then you do in many other jobs. Instead of the work pressure I coulduse the word comunity.
/\
should be word

I think it''s very important to express what i say "right"

Juup I''m here!
The 2D cookmeister
Since I''ve never worked on anything game related with anyone with the opposite sex than me, I don''t speak from experience, but is there a big difference?
Add to that, I don''t know and I''ve never heard about any women in game development (I''m sure there are some, though).

Men and women (speaking of Sweden) is not equal at all when it come to work, there is still alot of men that gets bigger salaries for equal work and people gettings jobs because they''re men and not because of their competence.

I''m sorry Mindgamer, but I don''t see a problem here.

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
I like working alone , I get things done faster , and more importantly done my way
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
I didn''t say a problem. I just wanted to discus how we are working together in a team with both men and women. I didn''t say problem...Did I''''?

I wanted to express this thought with other people. The thought that there may be some situations between men and women that affects the envirement in a work like game development.

Not problem...Just the situations between us!

Juup I''m here!
The 2D cookmeister
Tha_HoodRat

you may have a point in that. But you can''t develop a final fantasy game alone. Ofcourse you can... But you can''t do it if your not good at all positions in a team like muscicians and 3d artist "programming".

But you really got a point with that notice. I am to working better alone. Not that I suck in team work. Just that it fells more confortable working alone.

I know what you mean!

Juup I''m here!
The 2D cookmeister

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement