What to tell a total beginner?

Started by
13 comments, last by jalaine 24 years, 4 months ago
Yeah, I know.. My first game wasn''t that great either.. But the more people study and program the more they learn. My current project is actually quite nice (www.kolumbus.fi/laineet/gwars/).. But what I''m trying to achieve in this tutorial is to help people make sort of more quality code even from the beginning.. But yes, I''ll try to keep the game simple.

Jarkko
Advertisement
Did anyone here forget Visual Basic? It''s the fastest programming language out there...next to C/C++ ASM Delphi etc. Other than that, it is easy and compatible with DirectX.
No. Visual Basic really isn''t a language for making games.. It could be ok for office applications, but I still prefer C and C++.. Java is also good, just too slow.. But Java code is nice.

Jarkko
Jalaine : VB can be used for games, I''m doing one now, why would you say it''s not for games?

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
Okay, I could be wrong.. What kind of game are you writing with VB? Is it easy or not? Do you get enough speed and such out of VB? Tell me more! BTW, I just finished the first Finnish version of the tutorial, the English version is coming soon - I think I''ll be able to have it by tomorrow.. If anyone is interested in reading the Finnish text, it''s at www.kolumbus.fi/laineet/koulu/peli1.html.

Jarkko

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement