🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

rotation

Started by
3 comments, last by ankan666 24 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys. I''m all little confused when it comes to glRotate. Does glrotate affect all objects on screen? or does it only affect the commands in the next glBegin, glEnd clause? Thanx
Advertisement
I believe that it remains in effect until you specify another rotation, or perform a glLoadIdentity() call, this is because GL is a state machine. Like when you specify a colour, glColor4f(crap...) all primitives will be rendered with this colour until you clear the buffer glClear(COLOR_BUFFER_BIT) or something.

I think thats right.

-Mezz
glRotate() "rotates" the current transformation matrix, presumably modelview.. the current transformation matrix affects the commands within any glBegin()/glEnd() clause after it''s set, until it''s changed.
i dunno if that made any sense, i''m not terribly good at explaining things

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.
man.. the past four topics i replied to, someone replied at the same time as i did.. its a curse i tells ya.. a curse..

--
Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.

--Float like a butterfly, bite like a crocodile.
Perhaps you already have, but I just want to let you know that if you haven''t, learn what the rotation algorithms are! It will cause all of the hardware stuff to make a lot more sense

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement