🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Compiling lesson 6 and 7 in C++Builder 4

Started by
5 comments, last by gavco98 24 years, 1 month ago
Im trying to compile lessons 6 and 7 in C++ Builder 4, but keep getting the following error: "[Linker Error] Unresolved external ''auxDIBImageLoadA'' referenced from C:\MY DOCUMENTS\SURVIVAL\OPENGLSETUP.OBJ. " All lessons up to this point have compiled no problems G Coates ------------------------------------------- Software is like sex: better when its free!
Gavin Coates
[size="1"]IT Engineer / Web Developer / Aviation Consultant
[size="1"][ Taxiway Alpha ] [ Personal Home Page ]
Advertisement
I think you get that message because you forgot to include the
"glaux.lib" in your project.. and NeHe tutorial is code in VC++
the glaux.lib in C++ Builder may not in \GL Folder

Edited by - Iceman on May 15, 2000 8:51:28 AM
I do not have a copy of that library, where can i download it?
Gavin Coates
quote: Original post by gavco98

I do not have a copy of that library, where can i download it?

I''ve had the same problem using Borland 5.02. I found a site here that talks about it. There is a link that gives you the source for the glaux lib so you can build your own lib. Check that out here. . If all that fails then let me know and I''ll send you the one I created for Borland 5.02.

Andrew
I cannot get the file to compile, it keeps bringing up a message saying "cannot find glaux.lib". can you just send me the one you created, my email address is gavcoates@btinternet.com thanks for your help
Gavin Coates
I can get the exe in the glaux.zip file to execute now, but the program I am creating still produces the unresolved external error, i think i may not have included the glaux.lib file correctly, how do i do this?. I have placed it in the /lib directory with all the others, and have specified in the project options to look here for libs. Any more ideas?
Gavin Coates

I just manually add the lib to the project. Not the best way but it works for me.

Andrew

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement