🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

what do you all think of this?

Started by
2 comments, last by KOTOS-6 24 years, 1 month ago
http://www.insidemacgames.com/features/00/sprockets/
Advertisement
I personally think it''s bull. The functionality of all the sprockets is going to be there anyway, it''s just going to be accessable by all types of apps, not just games like with Game Sprockets. The HID manager (replaces InputSprocket) should be cool, and DrawSprocket will still be there. Not many people use SoundSprocket anyway (hey, there''s OpenAL now anyway). The biggest problem is that HID won''t be available in Carbon under MacOS 9 (or 8.1 or newer for that matter). There will also be no RAVE support (or Glide, but 3dfx has dropped that anyway, OpenGL is the standard now).

Morgan
say what?
"no RAVE or Glide, but 3dfx has dropped that anyway"

when did the drop rave and Glide-they just introduced rave on the Voodoo3.
I would think it would be in 3dfx s best intrest to support every thing under the sun that runs on mac.
Sorry, 3dfx didn''t actually drop rave and glide support, they''re just heading toward OpenGL as the standard. But, MacOS X will not support either RAVE or glide, only OpenGL (good for my programming, but bad for all my older games that don''t use GL).

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement