🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Fallout

Started by
1 comment, last by scarekrow 24 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I am currently in game design stage, and being more of an artist, I am after some information if anyone can help me. My favourite game is the Fallout. Now i wish to make a game that runs on a similar basis. What type of programming Skills are need to get the core of a Fallout style game underway. Also where can I find some quailty information about Hex based maps and isometric view''s etc... Any Help would be Great, Thanks. Andrew.
Advertisement
On the front page of this site go to the top left corner and press "Start Here."

Jacob Marner
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
for info on the hex/isometric things look under gamedev.net''s programming section. It''s pretty easy to find good info there.
For core programming skills - well you''ll need a fair amount. Try knowledge of at least one language (C/C++/asm probably preferable) and knowledge of an API - like DirectX or OpenGL.
To learn a language, I recommend a book - pick one up that looks good on the language of your choice.

-Mezz

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement