🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SVG vs. home brew vector graphics

Started by
1 comment, last by flangazor 20 years, 2 months ago
SVG recomendation I have come to my own personal conclusion that w3c couldn't specify its way out of a paper bag. Regardless of how I came to this conclusion, I am home-brewing my own vector graphics animation markup. a.) svg is written in an imperative form. b.) it have no support for layers apart from kludging everything into a group. c.) the support for animation is nigh upon a joke. d.) the support for scripting is also fairly laughable. e.) its orthogonal only. With this in mind, I am trying to study other prior art before going too far in developing my home-brew svg. What other vector graphics markups are there? I only know of SVG and swf. swf isnt so much a markup as a compiled file but it is still relevant. Is the swf document model available to the public or does one have to pay hefty liscence fees to Macromedia? At the end of the day I am looking for something that will replace flash. (this is where my other threads about lisp as a scripting language come into play) I would appreciate links to other vector graphic work. Cheers. openswf.org: source for information on the Flash File Format. [edited by - flangazor on May 21, 2003 7:40:19 AM]
Advertisement
I can''t wait for a free-software program that does what flash can do. Where will you post your progress?

imclondontrainings@riseup.net
That post was made as part of research into potential projects. I didn't take that one on. You might be interested these:
Smoke Vector Graphics
GAP (part of Gimp)

[edited by - flangazor on April 29, 2004 9:25:36 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement