🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Arithmetics operations between 2 images (mix or Blend) using hardware acceleration.

Started by
0 comments, last by JuJ 24 years ago
Well. My question is very simple : I would like to do « arithmetics » operations between 2 images, of any size, with OpenGL. But, i don''t want to do "Logicals Operations" but "Arithmetics Operations". The "Arithmetic Operator" can to be an add/soustract/divide/multiplicate... operation. So, how to do this by using OpenGL, in order to use the hardware acceleration ? ! (here, time is critical). Yes, i don''t want to do a "software" procedure, but a "hardware" procedure (using the 3D cards). Perhaps with textures (blending of 2 textures), but the problem is the SIZE : it must to be a multiple of two, not any size. Anybody has got an idea ? ! Thanks. .JuJ. (french)
Advertisement
With textures: Why don''t you resize the textures to a 2^n size? E.g. 100 x80 -> 128 x 128. You won''t loose much pixels if you make the texture bigger.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA
Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.stGA

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement