🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DUMB CONSOLE MESSAGE THING

Started by
2 comments, last by David20321 24 years ago
Whenever I run nehe''s tutorials on my mac a dialog box opens up with a text field that says "argument" and two pairs of radio buttons that say "console" and "file". Anybody know what these mean or how to eliminate them forever?
Advertisement
Well, this is so that you can add arguments such as ''-h'' and the like which normally would only be available to platforms with a terminal (UN*X, dos, BeOS, etc). If you want to get rid of those you should port it to a true MacOS application instead of using GLUT (although GLUT is easier to learn). If you want to see whether you would consider it difficult or not, check out either my tutorial on using AGL (Apple''s MacOS OpenGL implementation) & DrawSprocket (http://www.sover.net/~jams/Morgan/DrawSprocket_AGL/index.html) or one that someone else wrote that I found at ttp://www.xgdl.org/macgl.html. Note: these don''t show how to handle input, but my tutorial provides links to where you can learn this kind of stuff for the MacOS. Hope this helps or atleast explains it.

Morgan
Is there an easier way? It sounds harder than it would be if there''s an easier way. Could i just have my program automatically enter nothing into that dialog box so that it closes or something like that?
I tried and couldn''t get it to work right, if you do get it to work that way let me know.

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement