🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Scripting Mastery TOC

Started by
1 comment, last by BlahMaster 20 years, 11 months ago
I was wondering if anybody got Game Scripting Mastery and if they could tell me what the chapter names are. Most of the info online tells me that it goes over scripting, assembly, and some compiler theory. The main thing I wanted to know is how much does it go over compilers. I''m going to take compilers class this upcoming Fall and I was thinking this book can help me prepare for the class. Please give me your opinion if a book like that would help for my compilers class? Thanks for any feedback.
Hmmmm.........Yup!!!
Advertisement
Great book on compiler theory and implementation and I am sure it will help you out very nicely with a compiler class. Very easy to understand but not really well written code for the implementation (uses C no C++). Anyways the chapters are:
1. Intro to scripting
2. Applications of scripting
3. Intro to command based scripting
4. Advanced command based scripting
5. Intro to procedural scripting systems
6. Integration: Using Existing Scripting Systems (Lau, Python, Tcl)
7. Designing a procedural scripting language
8. Assembly Language primer
9. Building the XASM Assembler <- the assembler to be built
10. Basic VM Design and implementation
11. Advanced VM concepts and issues
12. Compiler theory overview
13. Lexical Analysis
14. Building the XtremeScript Compiler Framework
15. Parsing and Semantic Analysis
16. Applying th system to a full game
17. where to go from here
Richard DickersonPikestriker Games "Kids you tried hard and failed miserably, lesson learned never try" - Homer Simpson
Thanks PikeStriker

The book seems to have a lot of meat in it. I''m sold, I''m going to get it.
Hmmmm.........Yup!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement