🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Return To Castle Wolfenstein

Started by
2 comments, last by George_Matthias 20 years, 11 months ago
Hey, fellow Scriptors. I am a hobbyist level designer. I am a hobbyist texture artist. I am a hobbyist 3D Modeler. I''m also very interested in bringing my artistry to life - through scripting. As a Radiant user, I''ve began developing maps for RTCW. As a result, for the last month I have enjoyed playing with AI scripts for the game. To me it seems to be a very simple and easy to use scripting system. Although, what is the attitude towards that scripting system like? Is it too easy, it perhaps couldn''t be regonised as a professional scripting system? Is it a very poor system? Do people believe it to be a good system to learn? -- Or are there other games and scripting systems people believe I could benefit from learning. I wish to assatain a job within the industry at one stage. I would like any feedback you have to offer. George Matthias
George Matthias
Advertisement
There''s no standard for scripting or scripting languages. Basically, whatever works is valid. ''Professional'' systems are often no different to a hobbyist one. Return to Castle Wolfenstein is a well-known game and therefore any work you do on that will be of potential interest to employers. However you might want to look into the systems that other games use, as they may (or may not) be significantly different. Learning several systems ensures you have general knowledge, rather than very specific knowledge that may not work on another game.
Along the lines of what Kylotan said, you might want to take a look at UT2k3, Unreal script seems to me to be one of the more advance propreity scripting langauges. nad rather cool at that
hi, i noticed you use Radiant, i am currently looking for a mapper, would you be interested?

- thanx
danushka | irix

A GOOD friend will come bail you out of jail...
but, a TRUE friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, we fucked up."
Ingite 3D Game Engine Home -- Just click it
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement