🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why Tutorials in Delphi ARE SLOW!!!!!

Started by
2 comments, last by KappaMic 24 years ago
I''ve downloaded the tutorials in Delphi,i''ve downloaded the necessary dll from opengl.org (opengl95.exe), but the examples are very very very slow!!!.I''ve downloaded the precompiled Visual C++ tutorials... they''re fast!!!!
Advertisement
Are you sure your Delphi GL apps are hardware-accelerated ? OpenGL95.exe contains a software-only version of OpenGL, I think. Make sure you don''t have its OpenGL32.dll file reside in your Delphi app directory, or somewhere in your path.

That''s the only thing I can see.

BTW, are you sure you needed OpenGL95.exe if you used Delphi ? I''m not sure, but I don''t think it has any Delphi libraries in it.

EL
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
where can i find the hardware version on opengl95.exe ?

I don''t know if this applies to everyone, but i''ve been coding OpenGL in Delphi 5 for a while now and have never needed to get any extra DLL''s.. The OpenGL unit is included with Delphi and the DLL that comes with Win95/98 does the rest!

- Phrantik
..:: Phrantik ::..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement