🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

light + no texture

Started by
2 comments, last by chris82 24 years ago
it''s possible to apply lighting to an object with no texture(i have used only glcolor3f())? because if i use the light on it the object keep th color of the light without difference from a face of a color to another with another color.
Advertisement
you dont need texturing to light objects..
what you need are normals for the faces and correct lighting settings..(without a normal on each face you wont get correct lighting effects, although i saw it working sometimes(wrong,but ugly )

--->Back to coding!<---
--->Back to coding!<---
im 80% sure on this =) There cant only be one primary color, which is used by lighting when enabled. Therefore you cant specify a color for the object. (using glColor3f())

right ??

Edited by - Claus Hansen Ries on June 28, 2000 9:32:16 AM
Ries
Okay, I''m confused by what all you are saying, so here''s more info to confuse everyvody else. You can specify a polygon color and/or texture, with lighting enabled the color will not be used UNLESS you call glEnable( GL_COLOR_MATERIAL ). You can also specify a color for your light. How''s that. BTW, you need to specify normals for your lighting to work.

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement