🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

SIMPLE Terrain

Started by
4 comments, last by Blue*Omega 24 years ago
Does anyone know where I could get a SIMPLE terrain renderer source? I don''t want state-of-the-art, super realistic, over-optimized engine that could fool a photographer into thinking it was real. All I want is a really quick and easy terrain rendering source I can understand and build on. Is that too much to ask? ----------------------------- Blue*Omega (Insert Witty Quote Here)
// Tojiart
Advertisement
Denpends on what you class as simple! =) Try

www.flyingislands.co.uk

for Nicholas Anderson''s terrain stuff (source in C). It''s on the ''Projects'' page if I remember correctly...

- Phrantik
..:: Phrantik ::..
Here''s a very simple, yet functional terrain engine:

http://www.longbowdigitalarts.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/000174.html
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)
Are there any like this in DirectX only?
- Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949
http://www.thecore.de/TheCore/Void.zip
Creativity is a bloody nuisance and an evil curse that will see to it that you die from stress and alcohol abuse at a very early age, that you piss off all your friends, break appointments, show up late, and have this strange bohemian urge (you know that decadent laid-back pimp-style way of life). The truly creative people I know all live lousy lives, never have time to see you, don't take care of themselves properly, have weird tastes in women and behave badly. They don't wash and they eat disgusting stuff, they are mentally unstable and are absolutely brilliant. (k10k)
www.gamasutra.com has some cool articles with source on this using OpenGL.

Morgan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement