🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Still problems with GlbindTexture/linker errors

Started by
6 comments, last by BillyBoo 24 years ago
yeah, it''s me again, I''ve downloaded all the current libs,drives,etc.. Seems NeHe was able to compile those demo''s of his in his tutorials but mine will not compile.. and I''ve also included/trying manually adding the correct libraries as well still don''t seem to wanna link... (how did NeHe do it? hahaha) and I don''t want to use Glut...I like writting windows code.^_^ I keep getting these errors....when linking and I''m using microsoft Developer studio /standard edition Linking... Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glBindTexture@8 Lesson6.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glGenTextures@8 Release/txtures.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. txtures.exe - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s) so any help would be nice.. Bill WWash46508@aol.com
Advertisement
Hi

You''ll have to link the GL libraries to your project for both Release and Debug versions. (Project Settings)

Well, added libraries to project still get linker errors..

so that''s not the problem,cause I''ve done that already previously

so, I''m stumped.

here''s what''s included in my project

Glaux.lib
Glu32.lib
OpenGl32.lib

so it should compile properly,and ....
I''m using lesson 6 as the source code on this one

also
all the correct include files are in their proper places in my compilers (include folder along with all my other h files)

so everything is where it should be.

all Lib''s included in project,all headers in their proper places.
and I''ve tried manually including them all as well
and still get the same linker errors

something''s not right.

Bill
WWash46508@aol.com
Strange, I assume you''ve allready done a ''Rebuild All'' in the build menu?
That SHOULD work. It''s the only thing I can think of
You said the NeHe .dsp compiles correct right?
What I find strange is that only 2 symbols are not found.
Rebuild all should do the trick
I don''t know whether this is just the way you typed it into the message, but Glaux.lib, Glu32.lib, and OpenGl32.lib should be all lowercase when you type it in.

Morgan
No, in windows it doesn''t matter wich case you use.
Well I had that problem w/VC++ 6 once

Morgan
I had the same problem with NeHe''s code before I realized that I had the old OpenGL 1.0 header files and libraries on my drive, so I just copied the 1.1 files from the SuperBible CD I have. I suggest you your gl.h file and search for glBindTextures, if you don''t find it you have the old version, so just update it

Tinker long enough, and you''ll become a master....

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement