🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

About NeHe's home page & source codes...

Started by
7 comments, last by Kikito 23 years, 12 months ago
Hi, NeHe. One friend of me told me about your tutes, so I just took them in a PDF file. I found them simply wonderful. My problem is this: I don''t have an Inet connection at home and the one at my father''s really sucks. It would be really good for me if you putted the source code of your tutes in 11 zip files (Visual C++, Delphi, ASM, ...) near your home page, so I could download them easily whithout navigating along all the SLOOOW pages of your every tutes at my father''s computer. Thanks for your attention, Kikito A spanish OpenGL Beginner.
A spanish OpenGL Beginner.
Advertisement
Last time I saw any NeHe''s post was to greet people on his new message board, so I doubt he is really active.

For your little problem, you might want to adjust your browser''s preferences in order to not load images, which will solve your problem, I think (unless you have a 9600 connection ).

EL
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
Well, the page listing all the tutorials and the individual tutorial pages all use lots of tables, which most browsers need to format after the whole page has loaded, which can be slow. A question for Kikito: can you telnet into your ISP and use lynx to browse, or use a text-only web browser? If you can use lynx off of your ISP''s server your speed will be greatly increased because your ISP does the actual browsing for you, all it does is send a little bit of text to your computer, even a 9600 baud modem can handle this easily (in the old days I used to do this with a 300 baud modem if you can imagine that).

Morgan
As of Lynx, you can download a Windows version somewhere. I use it when I have some quick research to do, as it is way faster than Netscape or IE.

EL
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
Or you could just find the address for one zip archive and then just change the last two numbers to get the next zip file.

~-=-=-=-=-=-~
~Justin Eslinger~
~"BlackScar"~
~-=-=-=-=-=-~
~-=-=-=-=-=-=~~Justin Eslinger~~.."BlackScar"..~~-=-=-=-=-=-=~
It takes a long to navigate NeHe''s site on my 56k, I''d still suggest browsing with lynx first.

Morgan
That brings up an intersting point.. Why doesn''t NeHe have a title screen where you could choose hi-bandwidth or low-bandwith..

I mean I don''t care, I have cable .. But it seems like a rather MINUTE (spl?) fix considering the MASSIVE amounts of graphics on his page..

CRY OUT LOW-BANDWIDTH BROTHERS! LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD..

hehe.. just teasing,

bosco()
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
I personally don''t like his counter, when it was broken his site would load in a slit second, but when it works (which it has been for the last few months) is takes 10-20 seconds to load.

Morgan
nehe''s tutorial page grows very fast and it''s getting very big... why not split it up in some sort of beginners-advanced-...sections?

--->Back to coding!<---
--->Back to coding!<---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement