🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenGl and 3DFX Voodoo2 cards...

Started by
4 comments, last by KevEllis 23 years, 12 months ago
Can anyone tell me how to get my OpenGl apps to use my Voodoo card? My programs only seem to use my primary S3 video card, and it''s not very fast I''ve tried the demo''s and nehe''s tutorials and these also only use my S3 card. Cheers.
-- Kev Ellis.www.ellis-online.co.uk
Advertisement
Go to the 3dfx website, download the driver of your card then
rename the driver to opengl32.dll. Finally copy the opengl32.dll
file to the directory which your application resides.

Hope that helps.
You must copy the file 3dfxopengl.dll in opengl32.dll and move it in c:\windows\system (before save the old file)
I would actually use the approach of putting it in the application directory itself..

Of course.. aside from that.. I''d recommend getting a new video card.. and it''s increasingly looking like nVidia is the way to go.. have you seen there developer pages.. VERY impressive..

bosco()

--
leader of the free world .. or something ..
--leader of the free world .. or something ..
Yeah, nVidia looks very nice, and their new card makes me happy ''cause I can get one for my Mac! Yeah! One thing I like about nVidia is they write a lot of programming tutorials and stuff for taking advantage of their cards. Check out opengl.org and you can request a tutorial to be written (not necissarily for their card). Very cool, and fast!

Morgan
Thanks for the reply. It now works a treat
-- Kev Ellis.www.ellis-online.co.uk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement