🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

3Dexplorer & texcoord

Started by
0 comments, last by lunasol 23 years, 11 months ago
hi i tiled a texture on an object using 3dsmax, then I converted it to ogl code using 3d explorer, but the texture remain untiled. Is there a way to conserv such texcoords? thanks for any help! lunasol
Advertisement
hmm, worked for me. what i did was i tiled the map in the materials editor instead of in the modify/UVW map modifier. if you did this and it still doesn't work, then i don't know.

okay, this is edited... i've actually started using face map UVW mapping, and then for each face, i use modify/UNWRAP uvw, which allows you to map the vertices of each triangle to a certain part of a bitmap image. so, in the modifier, you can load the bitmap you want to texture on the object, and pick what part of the bitmap you want to map. so, i'm not sure if this is how everyone skins their models, but i think it's cool.

a2k

Edited by - a2k on August 1, 2000 12:37:38 PM
------------------General Equation, this is Private Function reporting for duty, sir!a2k

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement