🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

tut 1 problem -- anyone? help?

Started by
3 comments, last by ryerider 23 years, 11 months ago
please give me a hint here as to why it''s not working -- the error is : amh1.cpp d:\microsoft visual studio\msdev98\myprojects\amh1\amh1.cpp(400) : fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive Error executing cl.exe. amh1.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) i think everything is linked fine, so i have no idea where this error is coming from. thanks! aron
Advertisement
Simple.

What you probably did originally when you created the project was selected ''Simple Project'', which sets stdafx.h as a precompiled header.

These headers are completely useless IMHO, so you''ve probably deleted them - problem is that the compiler is still looking for them. Go to Project->Settings and on one of the tags is a section for precompiled headers. Make sure it says, ''Automatic use of precompiled headers'' - this should fix it.

If that doesn''t solve the problem, or if you get a strange warning, just go Build->Clean and then recompile fresh.

Make sure the Project->Settings are both Win32 Debug and Release versions so that you don''t have problems if you change.

Ok?

========
Smidge
smidge@smidge-tech.co.uk
========
--Mr Smidge
smidge -- i don''t see that setting anywhere under the tabs in settings! am i blind?

ryerider: Bad habbit to double post a message within some hours because you didn''t get a reply...

smidge_tech: Precompiled headers have their uses. It might not be apparent on small projects or fast machines, but in my case, I fiond them very useful. You include all the includes you don''t have to change (windows.h, string.h, etc.) and compilation is done much faster... It depends on the case.

EL

----------------------------------------
"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
----------------------------------------"Inash neteia haeg joa kavari quilm..." SD4
Ryerider:

I think the setting is under the tab ''C++'', and then search through the combo box until you find the precompiled headers bit appear - it''s definitely there!

Demon Lord:

Indeed they have their uses, that''s why I leave it on ''Automatic use'' - i meant that most of the time there is no point in using custom headers, since it often means you have to structure your program around them.

========
Smidge
smidge@smidge-tech.co.uk
========
--Mr Smidge

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement