🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Lua & speed

Started by
1 comment, last by IronRaph 20 years, 2 months ago
Hi I am doing a managment game like roller coaster tycoon and I want to allow powerfully addons system ... so the best solution is to have a scripting system. I want to do a lua scripting system that define buildings comportment I mean the game engine will call same fcts like OnSelect or Update and these fcts will be implemented in a lua script. It is very easy to add some buildings and very powerfull but I wanted to have some information about speed we just have to compile the script at game startup. But, each frame some part of the script will be executed like Update fonction and we can have a lot of buildings in a map. I don''t now yet how lua works internaly so I have no idea of cpu overhead. thanks a lot! and escuse me for my poor english ...
Bilingue C/C++ ;)
Advertisement
There was just a post about performance on the Lua users mailing list. Try the archive at lua.org.
ok thanks I will search on it...
Bilingue C/C++ ;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement