🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Jaca++ Anyone?

Started by
13 comments, last by jaca 20 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I was recently at a programming compitition and we had to use java or C++ . it was kinda hard but fun. So I was woundering if I were to combine them...(somehow and make it easier to use for begginers and have powerful affect for elite users) if anyone would use it? Tired of C++ and Java? Then try the new and improved Jaca++
Tired of C++ and Java? Then try the new and improved Jaca++
Advertisement
That''s clever; I wonder why no-one thought of that before.
Native compilation and hardware accelerated graphics would make a big difference. To be honest, I think while Java''s syntax is simple, its the massive amount of standard libraries that makes development so easy.
quote: Original post by Super Robot Fox
Native compilation and hardware accelerated graphics would make a big difference.

GCJ
Ok fine then im working on it as we speak...hey if any of you have certain areas that would like to be improved/easier tell me and ill work on em.

There exist various native compilers for Java, such as GCJ, which someone posted. There's also C#, which is bits of Java with nice extra features that aren't present in Java and (JIT) native compilation (though not as good as C++) and easy access to DirectX.

[edited by - Matei on May 9, 2004 8:11:34 PM]
What about managed C++? Isn''t that supposed to be as fast as C++, but safe?
quote: Original post by Matei
There exist various native compilers for Java, such as GCJ, which someone posted. There''s also C#, which is bits of Java with nice extra features that aren''t present in Java and (JIT) native compilation (though not as good as C++) and easy access to DirectX.

[edited by - Matei on May 9, 2004 8:11:34 PM]

C# is not Java or in any way related to Java. Also, C++ is not JIT-compiled, it''s natively compiled.
quote: Original post by Raduprv
What about managed C++? Isn''t that supposed to be as fast as C++, but safe?

In fact, you can use any .NET language - they will give you the same compiled code. These include: Managed C++, VB.NET, C#, etc. .NET runs about 95-97% as fast as native C++ and is A LOT easier to use. I like it even more than Java.
So even VB.NET will give you almost the same speed as C++?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement