🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Looking forward to using AngelScript in my next game!

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 5 months ago
I've given thought to implementing a scripting system into my next game. I finished my map editor earlier today, and I've been spending the last few hours looking into which scripting language to use. I looked at Lua and Python at first, since they seem to the two most widely used. I was about to settle on python (using the boost::python library), but figured I'd check out the AngelScript site for once. You know, "just in case" I was missing something by not looking into it. I just wanted to say I'm extremely glad I did. I downloaded the latest stable version, built the static library file using dev-c++, and successfully compiled the 'Test-Build Performance" program. Everything is working flawlessly thus far, and I can't wait to dive into some of the example programs and get AS working with my new game. Good Stuff [smile]!!
Advertisement
I'm very happy to hear that [smile].

If you feel that AS is missing something, make sure to let me know so I can do something about it. Though chances are that it is already on the to-do list.

Also let me know when you have something to show (a site with a description of your project is enough) so that I can add a link to it on the users' list.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement