🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Does anyone remember...

Started by
2 comments, last by Rain Dog 19 years, 5 months ago
Who was working on that angelscript ide or as project that would allow real time or semi real time display of angelscript script variables as they were being updated? I have a similar display of variable values, but the way i do it is beyond slow, i would just like to see if someone else had done the same thing, and if they did, i could almost guarantee that it was better than the way i did it.
Advertisement
ahh, i found it finally, it was abrken..

hey, abrken, in your post:

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=263283

what exactly does your IDE et al. do? Does it allow someone to debug their AScript? IE: see things like call stacks etc? If so, do you mind sharing some code on how you accomplished it?
I'd like to mention that I'm introducing new features to aid script debugging.

In 2.1.0 WIP 1 it is already possible to enumerate the functions in the callstack. And also set breakpoints, by means of the line callback function.

Later on I will also allow the application to enumerate and obtain the value of variables in the functions. Though the enumeration of variables require a database of the variables in the functions and that will take a while to develop, so it's not something I'm going to implement in 2.1.0.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yeah I saw those new functions you implemented and was excited about it. I think its going to make my app a lot mroe efficient at doing that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement