🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I am a novice, who can tell me what the difference of 2.0.0a and 1.10.1d?

Started by
0 comments, last by WitchLord 19 years, 3 months ago
I am a novice, who can tell me what the difference of 2.0.0a and 1.10.1d? I did not find out the answer on the website.
Advertisement
Don't bother with the differences. You should be using 2.0.0a. Actually it might be better to start with 2.1.0 WIP 6 already as it is feature complete and will soon replace 2.0.0a.

In 2.0.0 I fixed issues that I discovered with 1.10.1, for example parameter references are not safe in 1.10.1. Also 1.10.1 allow the script to store pointers without any automatic management, which also is not safe. 1.10.1 is only available for those projects that are still using them, and should a critical bug be found I promise I will fix it, but I will not be doing any further development on 1.10.1, as I've moved on to 2.0.0 already.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement