Advertisement

What's happening with the site?

Started by October 03, 2005 11:03 PM
34 comments, last by firesoft 18 years, 7 months ago
At this point in time this thread has over 500 hits so it's obviously not just me who's worried about the site.

The NeHe community are worried (I would think) that GameDev are letting the site die.

Can someone please give us some feedback?

Change the home page?

Anything?

http://www.gamedev.net/info/about/
the ceo of gamedev has an email adress,
he might not read the forum. send him an email
Advertisement
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
http://www.gamedev.net/info/about/
the ceo of gamedev has an email adress,
he might not read the forum.

I think he/they do...
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
We are going to be updating the site. BBB's article will be posted within the next couple of days. We're working on replacing the news component with something that'll make it easier to update (right now, it consists of the manual editing of text files).

When we acquired the site, we knew that we didn't immediately have the resources available to manage it, but Jeff indicated that he'd continue to make updates until we could shuffle things a bit. He really hasn't done that, and it's taken us longer than expected to get things in order, but we didn't acquire the site just to abandon it.
That's great to hear M.R.

It's good to hear that something is in the wind with the site.

Thanks for the update.
M.R.

The sound of the crickets is deafening...

Any ETA on anything happening to the site yet?

All the best,
Tony
Advertisement
Thanks BBB.

It looks like there is something happening as the home page has been updated.

Thank you. NeHe's legacy is alive and well.
Is the issue a lack of man power? Or is it a issue of $$$? I am sure some regulars could take on the task of updating the page more frequently, and for free.

I see the main GameDev.Net site has had an update.

I suspect that after they have ironed out the bugs with that they may take a look at NeHe's site.

One can only hope...
Wel.. I every time check the Board Settings, and it will not let me turn back the Classic Black setting (Which I deeply prefer--- i am even willing to Pay for this a small fee). But, I am no subsriber, so I have no choise. I comply with this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement