Advertisement

How to start Demo Coding?

Started by December 28, 2005 03:16 PM
5 comments, last by Spider_Man 18 years, 8 months ago
Hi every one and happy new year you all. long time ago i tried to study nehe tutorials , but i really lost that time and finally i decide to start study again. indead i'm not a programmer and i do 3d models all the time, i just wish to be able to create my own 3d demo using my models controlling camera and particles adding music and sound effects. so what can i do please ? those nehe tutorials are really great and fair enough to start, but i get no imagination about how to continue learning after every tutorial i read. is there any team that i can join and share what they work for ? or any e-books that i can buy hope you kindly guys advice thanks
Hello, I'm developing a RTS with a friend of mine. We could really use an artist for the models. You don't have to join if you don't want to but if you're interested, drop me an email: johndisanti[ at ]gmail.com.

Here is a screenshot of what we have so far:

Note that is an older shot.
My game development blog: http://rykerlabs.com
Advertisement
Sure.. i'm already work on game with friends as a team,
you can check www.jabigp.com
and here is most of my models : www.vlprojects.com/artwork

and it would be my pleasure to join you and your friend.

Note: email sent.

P.S i wonder if i can fine a ready made engine to help me creating 3d demo !

regards
Quote: Original post by Spider_Man
P.S i wonder if i can fine a ready made engine to help me creating 3d demo !

There are some tools available at Scene.org

Good luck!
Pat.

Thanks so much i will look on them just right now

but i saw demopaja before they have any tutorials or any help about it to let me get in (it looks easy and friends), hope that i'm lucky to find enough tutorials out there.

Thanks alot
The diskzine Hugi (www.hugi.de iirc) occasionally has some useful coding articles related to the scene, especially the earlier editions. Unfortunately it's also full of a load of superfluous waffle. PAiN is another one to have a look at.

Also have a look at DemoGL

edit: sorry, hugi is at http://www.hugi.scene.org/main.php - the latest issue (31) has 7 articles on democoding for beginners, I've not read them yet though so can't say if they're any good.
and Pain is here

[Edited by - DrewGreen on January 5, 2006 8:19:17 AM]
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web
Advertisement
Thanks man that's a very kind of you , i hope now i will start to resolve this big puzzle.

Many thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement