🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please help. I have one problem I cant solve.

Started by
2 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 7 months ago
How are you trying to display the bitmap?
Advertisement
Okay, I think I know what you are doing. You have probably used the LoadBitmap function (easy huh) from ddutil.

You have loaded it on a DirectDrawSurface, and then displayed it. You keep going to display that bitmap. But in normal application, you do something like:

code:
DDBLTFX ddbltfx;ddbltfx.dwSize = sizeof(ddbltfx);ddbltfx.dwFillColor = 0;BackBuffer->Blt(NULL,NULL,NULL,DDBLT_COLORFILL | DDBLT_WAIT,&ddbltfx);

And this makes the back buffer go BLACK.

It is probably this, or something similar. It's the only thing I can think of.

------------------
Dance with me......

Well I know C. I know a little of DirectX stuff. I have the Windows guru book but I need to know how to load 16 bit bitmaps and display them correctly?! The examples in the book dont work correctly. I see the bmp for a split second and then the screen goes blank?! I cant figure it out I got a tnt card as my primary card. thanks for any help you can give me!
Thanks for the info guys you see I am not even compiling the code. The CD has the .exe of the program to load 16 bit bitmaps. When I compile it does the same thing. Argh Ill go check out my code after I get home from Cleveland state

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement