🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

STL Help. This is weird.

Started by
3 comments, last by Zer0Cool 24 years, 7 months ago
What are you plugging into the list when you initialize it? As I'm sure you know, the STL is basically a group of complex macros. It plugs your data in and compiles from scratch. It sounds like you're plugging in something that STL can't handle.

-the logistical one-http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt
Advertisement
I've got a function in my test class called Add and the argument is a list of the class type. sort of like

class CMyClass
{
private:
public:
Add(list ClassList);
};

I can send you the test app code if you like, it's really small.

Thanks!
--zc

It didn't write the code correctly abope, I may have to just send it to you.
Ok, this is strange to me. I'm trying keep track of entities based on an STL list. Only when I compile, I get weird error messages INSIDE list.h. Posted below are the errors. Anyone know how to remedy this?
Thanks!

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(37) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'Length'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(37) : error C2501: 'DWORD' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(37) : error C2501: 'Length' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(53) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'GetPrevLink'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(53) : error C2433: 'WINAPI' : 'inline' not permitted on data declarations
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\list.h(53) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

Ok. Now the last problem is fixed. Everything compiles. But when I add a new class object to the list, it loses all of the information that is associated to the member data that was set by the contstructor. Any idea why this would happen?

thanks!
--zc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement