🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Announcement: Beta code release

Started by
36 comments, last by Kazade 16 years, 11 months ago
Ok, I think code indenting and EOLs, as some method comments are not a big deal, we'll fix that before release.

It's true, OpenGL and OOP newbies will need some more orientation in our code..
Advertisement
Quite simple and readable code. It looks quite good

I can't wait to see more complex lessons
Quote: Original post by Anonymous Poster
I can't wait to see more complex lessons

Same here, and i will probably write most of them.
But even so, i think we have a pretty even phase of lessons planned, sure there are a handful of them that constitutes a larger step than most, like tga texture loading(05) and model loading (for now 16) since we can't split them in to smaller bit's, but all in all it shouldn't be that intimidating or complex compared to the previous one.
First of all i'd like to say:

very very very nice work guys!

I am working on a Portable Game Engine for Win64 and Win32 atm and found some portability issues.
They're not critical but give ugly compiler warnings when compiling for WIN64.

The compiler complains about the OnKeyXXX(int ...) functions maybe you should change them to OnKeyXXX(WPARAM ...) .

this leads us to the nehekeydef.h:

the definitions have other values when using WPARAM (eg. NK_F1 = 112)

and last but not least in the neheWin32Window.cpp file you should replace

GWL_USERDATA with GWLP_USERDATA to avoid compiler errors when compiling for a WIN64 target.

that is about it and you're almost ready for 64bit ;-)

But besides this your new tuorial codes look very good.
The thing about keys on win32 is a known issue, the thing is that for the ascii keys all systems return the same value, but F1 is not an ascii key and therefore we need to add a translation matrix in there for each system, and for win32 that has not been done yet, but it's not that hard.
I knew there was something I meant to give feedback on;

// Really Nice Perspective CalculationsglHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST);

Get rid of this.
It is redundant and all vaguely modern hardware and drivers completely ignores it anyways.
I made a port of nehebeta to Lazarus/FPC. Currently only SDL window manager has been ported (Win32 and GLX will be ported later).

Download the sample code here
Hi,

I was just wondering if this code has been run on Vista in fullscreen mode?
I have tried running old NeHe basecodes on Vista, and found them to run fine in wondowed mode but in fullscreen just display a black screen!

Is this a known issue at all?

Hybrid
Is there an estimated time of completion? Winter or next Spring maybe?

Learn to make games with my SDL 2 Tutorials

We can't give you an exact date for completion because we all are rather busy at the moment, but due to the fact that we only have to fix some bugs in the code, add some more comments and review all the lesson texts I hope we'll release before next winter [wink]..
(Well.. apart form that we're having 2 inches of snow right now, thats why I wrote next winter..)

@Srki: The Lazarus/FPC port looks good and runs fine, but much slower than the C++ code, did you notice any speed losses? (Mandriva 2007, FPC 2.0.4)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement