🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

DX7 Libs and Docs

Started by
3 comments, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 8 months ago
I just read up on all the license agreements included on the DX7 CD, and we would be breaking the law if we redistributed the .lib and .h files of the SDK. If this was my personal little website, I'd probably do it. But GDNet cannot condone the distribution of DirectX 7 in this manner. At the minimum, we might be able to offer the entire SDK, but I'm not even positive we could do that. Sorry.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Khawk,
I believe you need to be given authorization from MS to be able to house the SDK on site. betanews.com had a lot of trouble getting the authorization.

Six

To be honest with you, I'd just order the CD from microsoft, the docs and samples and all the other "BELLS and WHISTLES" are pretty important when working with directX unless you already have the new API's features memorized.
Joseph FernaldSoftware EngineerRed Storm Entertainment.------------------------The opinions expressed are that of the person postingand not that of Red Storm Entertainment.
Can somebody pls upload a copy of the DX7
SDK minus all the extra bells and whistles
(ie just the header files, import libs and
API documentation).
Ppl w/o high-speed connections can now
rejoice 'cos MS has actually done The Right
Thing. The DX7 SDK is now officially
available in stripped components (header,
libs+docs) at the MS Download Center
(www.microsoft.com/downloads/release/release.asp?ReleaseID=12471).

Btw, thanks to everyone else who has
responded to this thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement