🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Open GL Tutorials need to be updated

Started by
1 comment, last by ajbonkoski 16 years, 4 months ago
glaux is obsolete because, as i have read, it has memory leak problems. Also many ide/compilers no longer include glaux in their librarys. Sure NeHe has provided a replacement but modifying each tutorial before compiling becomes quite repetitious. The replacement is #7 on the top downloads so this proves that a large majority of the readers are utilizing it and it could be much simplier to just get a group together and replace glaux instead of forcing every beginner to do it. I'll help if you need me to.
Advertisement
We are actually in the process of setting up the infrastructure to replace the tutorials. This weekend I will put a notice at the top of the lessons using glaux directing them to the replacement code until we can get something more permanent.

We may just take you up on your offer of help when we are ready [smile]
Member of the NeHe team.
cool - let me know: ajbonkoski@yahoo.com - i do not know that much opengl but i am i pretty solid c++ programmer - i hope i can help in some way

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement