🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Beginning OpenGL Game Programming 2nd Ed - Conversion Issues

Started by
1 comment, last by Kazade 14 years, 4 months ago
Hello, I downloaded the fixed version of the books source code from: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=545823 I have been working through the book just fine. However now I cannot open chapter 6 projects/source code. Trying to open the project in VC++ 2008 Express causes an attempt at conversion which yields the error: "Conversion Issues - terrain_glsl.vcproj: The following error has occurred during XML parsing: File: path_here/terrain_glsl\vc++\terrain_glsl.vcproj Line: 2 Column: 194 Error Message: '9.00' violates enumeration constraint of '7.00 7,00 7.10 7,10 8.00 8,00'. The attribute 'Version' with value '9.00' failed to parse. The file 'path_here\terrain_glsl\vc++\terrain_glsl.vcproj' has failed to load." I have tried changing the value from 9.00 to 8.00. This allows me to open the project but it fails to build without numerous warnings and an eventual crash. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it?
Advertisement
In case anyone has the same issue. The resolution was two part. I had to change the offending 9.00 in the project file to 8.00 and set the working directory within the project to $(SolutionDir)..\ as per the readme instructions.
This is partially my fault :)

I only had VC++ Express Edition to test on, which uses version 9.0 of the project files. The project files are XML so it's easy to change from 9.0 -> 8.0 if you open it in a text editor.

The latter problem is out of my control. The working directory for the project is stored in a separate per-user project file, so there was no way for me to set that in the project files that came with the source. The application still runs fine from outside VC++ and you can set the working directory manually as described above (this will then create your per-user project file to store the setting).
Member of the NeHe team.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement