🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Would like feedback/testing -- "Serpentine"

Started by
1 comment, last by samonellamiller 9 years, 11 months ago

"Serpentine" is a minimalist, helicopter-esque arcade type game. You play as Cooper, a 2D snake in 3D space. Two modes, three difficulties for each mode.

static mode: One must go through various obstacles while travelling to the right. Royalty free club/chip music accompanies.

dynamic mode: like the above, except effects are slowly piled on, all designed to overload your senses, skew your perspective, and add to the overall challenge and atmosphere.

My first finished product. Would enjoy feedback.

\/ download link \/

http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/27649559/file.html

(click the orange button.)

/\ download link /\

a couple small warnings:

- I am unsure as to whether or not the game displays properly on non-widescreen displays, or resolutions below 720p.

- alt-tabbing will sometimes cause the game to crash. Don't ask me why.

-requires DirectX 9.0 or equivalent.

Advertisement

I enjoyed the game. I got to 46.66 seconds on the Dynamic Medium before deciding to give up on getting any further (Took me many tries to get past ~34 seconds on dynamic medium)

I honestly feel that it would be nice if the menus were also responsive to the keyboard. As the Game Mode selection screen allows keyboard usage, while the Main menu / Extras doesn't which I don't find very consistent. (I also enjoy using keyboard over mouse, Perhaps it's only me who feels this way?) Well, This is a pretty minor thing though!

Anyways, It was an enjoyable experience and I might play it again in the future if I get to feeling bored ( And yes, I found out what you mean about crashing after Alt-Tab as it happened when I came to write this post =D).

Thanks! I'll make sure to add in the menu thing.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement