🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My first game!

Started by
1 comment, last by halfJobBob 9 years, 8 months ago

Hi, take a look at my first game. It’s been made over the last 5 months by a friend and myself.

I’m an Industrial / Product Designer by day and an app developer by night (when my wife and kids are asleep) and my friend is a Graphic Designer.

I won’t take credit, it is based on my friends idea that actually started out as an idea for a physical toy.. However I saw it as a video game. So Laserbreak was born!

We launched this 2 weeks ago on the Play store and thus far the response has been good. Check it out if you get a chance. Love to hear your comments / feedback!

Development album

Website

Super awesome trailer (move over michael bay!)

Google Play Store Link

Advertisement

This looks good for a first game. What did you use to build it?

Some constructive feedback, I hope: maybe put a scroll indicator or down arrow on your website? Initially it just looks like a title and link on a plain background.

Secondly, your trailer doesn't make it clear what you do in the game. It seems like a cool tom-n-jerry trap system, a little like mousetrap the game. But I don't understand whether you need to aim the laser to set off that reaction, or set up the layout of the pieces?

Ben // developing Substream on Greenlight - third-person shmup choreographed to music, custom engine, procedural morphing environments.

I used Corona SDK. I choose it because you can deploy to Android and IOS "relatively" easily.
The trailer / video was supposed to create some intrigue but this is not my department :) I'll pass your feedback onto my friend the Graphics guy. Hes on holiday at the moment.
Yeah it is a bit like the mousetrap game, it evolved from a very simple concept until I started adding in all sorts of new physics objects to play around with. I hope it didnt get too lost in the process.
Thanks for the taking the time to reply to my post, your feedback is valued.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement