🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

IX 2 WIP

Started by
2 comments, last by neilgomes 8 years, 9 months ago

Hello GameDev Community,

I am Neil from EggHead Games that brought you IX the game. Right now i am developing IX2. A better improvement from the previous game in term of lighting and shadow. This game is still very early in the development stages and i do hope that the GameDev's community will support and give good and bad comment/suggestion/feedback about this game. This is a Sci-Fi top down action/adventure/horror game that run on pc windows.

Image below show the light does not cut through wall as the previous game. Many player complaint that the previous game lighting is not really realistic and light will go over wall.
9486776_orig.jpg

I've included a video at youtube as a demo of the game that show the light and shadow effect. I also included an opacity test whereby the player enter a roof, the roof will gradually disappear on top of the player.

Let me know what you all thinks and i will post any update here over time.

Cheers,
Neil Gomes at Egghead Games

Advertisement

hi guys,

Just a quick update on what been happening.

Youtube

Now player can colide with object within the game.

Hello again..

new update on the game. Added Enemy AI. Enemy will chase player. When Player is behind wall. Enemy will stop chasing.

Youtube enemy AI

Cheers,

Neil Gomes

hello, just an update.

1. Created a test menu for the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement