🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Tracking In-Game / Gameplay Stats In An Html5/js Game?

Started by
-1 comments, last by Koobazaur 7 years, 11 months ago

Howdy,

I want to track some gameplay stuff for my game, like how long gamers are playing, if certain key events were reached, choices made etc. Are there any online services that provide a JS API I could use? Don't want to re-use the wheel.

I know there's Yahoo's Flurry and Google Analytics, but they don't seem like the best fit for tracking gameplay stats. Unity also has stats, but it's for Unity games (currently using Phaser). Put a request to Clay.io but it's invite-only. And looking at Playtomic, but it rcently ended official support so not sure if it's the best solution (reading on the new open source thing you set up on your own server. Trying to set it up Heroku and it's pretty confusing, not understanding how it all works together) I tried searching but not getting much luck outside of these, and would rather not build my own PHP/DB and API again.

Thanks for suggestions!

Comrade, Listen! The Glorious Commonwealth's first Airship has been compromised! Who is the saboteur? Who can be saved? Uncover what the passengers are hiding and write the grisly conclusion of its final hours in an open-ended, player-driven adventure. Dziekujemy! -- Karaski: What Goes Up...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement