🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Designing a Forum Based PbP Game

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 7 years, 6 months ago
For quite a few years now, I've not only played forum based PBP games, I've also wanted to design and run one. The main problem I've faced up to this point is that I can't find people serious about wanting to help me in this respect. I'm one man, and I have a lot of ideas and even some things worked out. However I can't do everything myself nor do I plan to try. Also I'm not interested in going into massive detail only to have this thread go unanswered. To that end I will talk about the highlights, and if interest picks up, I will go into further detail.
The game is a medieval based RPG, and I have designed things like a map, some basics regarding history, setting, the world which is original. The game will about players controlling a noble house, an organization, even a lone person. The game will also be based on story writing and undoubtedly center around politics, possible warfare, trade, negotiation, alliances, economics, and more. This means that with the map players will be able to claim land, expand, rally forces, and so on. Now this also means that there will be a system of economics in the game. What that translates to is resources each player will have to keep track of. I am very serious about this and I'm looking to recruit people to help me develop this into working game that can be played. If this does come about, then it should be known that those who help me make the game will be appointed as senior staff to help run the game if they so desire.
At it's core this is a game about writing stories and creating adventures between players within the setting of the game. I would once again like to point out that I'm very serious about this.
Advertisement

I'm looking to recruit people to help me develop this

Moving to Hobby Project Classifieds (recruiting is not permitted in the discussion forums).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement