🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mecanim humanoid system and switching model sections

Started by
-1 comments, last by rogerdv 7 years, 4 months ago

After a long research, I managed to implement a way to switch body parts in my RPG project to equip items like gloves, boots or armors. The process involves copying the bone info from a primary skeleton without geometry, to the required meshes. Thus, I can build characters from body parts, and switch those body parts as required. But I decided to test the Mecanim Humanoid system, and found that it is incompatible with my procedure. Also, the ragdoll system seems to be incompatible also.

So, now Im looking for some new approach to solve this problem. First I thought to reimplement the item system in a way that it only requires attaching the geometry, without switching, but then I noticed that it wouldnt work for gloves. Is there any way I can transfer the animation info from the main skeleton to the items skeletons, while using Humanoid system?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement