🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Compiling with VS 2017 on Win 10 x64

Started by
1 comment, last by WitchLord 7 years, 3 months ago

Hi

I'm porting my linux based game to Windows - and everything is compiling ok except for these three lines

1>Finished searching libraries
1>as_callfunc_x64_msvc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol CallX64 referenced in function "unsigned __int64 __cdecl CallSystemFunctionNative(class asCContext *,class asCScriptFunction *,void *,unsigned long *,void *,unsigned __int64 &)" (?CallSystemFunctionNative@@YA_KPEAVasCContext@@PEAVasCScriptFunction@@PEAXPEAK2AEA_K@Z)
1>as_callfunc_x64_msvc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GetReturnedFloat referenced in function "unsigned __int64 __cdecl CallSystemFunctionNative(class asCContext *,class asCScriptFunction *,void *,unsigned long *,void *,unsigned __int64 &)" (?CallSystemFunctionNative@@YA_KPEAVasCContext@@PEAVasCScriptFunction@@PEAXPEAK2AEA_K@Z)
1>as_callfunc_x64_msvc.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol GetReturnedDouble referenced in function "unsigned __int64 __cdecl CallSystemFunctionNative(class asCContext *,class asCScriptFunction *,void *,unsigned long *,void *,unsigned __int64 &)" (?CallSystemFunctionNative@@YA_KPEAVasCContext@@PEAVasCScriptFunction@@PEAXPEAK2AEA_K@Z)
1>C:\Users\X\Source\Repos\pd\x64\Debug\pd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved externals

I assume this means that I'm not linking a particular windows library in - but I really have no idea on how to start looking for what it might be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT**

Ok - found I was missing as_callfunc_x64_msvc_asm.asm - which defines those three functions. Now - to figure out how to compile this - I have the custom build command from the help page

ml64.exe /c  /nologo /Fo$(OutDir)\as_callfunc_x64_msvc_asm.obj /W3 /Zi /Ta $(InputDir)\$(InputFileName)

How do I run this as a custom build on this one file?

Advertisement

Add the .asm file to your project, right click on the file in the solution explorer view, find the place about 'Custom Tool'. Add the necessary details to invoke your line with m164.exe and its command line arguments

You should be able to open the MSVC2015 project in MSVC2017, and let Visual Studio do the necessary changes to the project files. That way you won't need to try to figure it out on your own.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement