🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Production ready voxel engine beside voxel farm ?

Started by
1 comment, last by Migi0027 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

So i used the search function but found nothing regarding my question. I'm looking for a voxel engine that would allow me to work on the gameplay right away instead of reinventing the wheel.

I'm looking for cubic voxel, preferably without texture (juste a color by voxel). And if the engine has a world generation algorithm ready to be tweaked it's even better but not a requirement. And i don't mind paying but the 300$ pricing of voxelfarm is too steep for me when i just want to prototype some idea and see which one are doable and fun.

I'm probably asking for the moon but who knows maybe I just missed something :)

Cheers,

Driky

Advertisement

Would this be a viable alternative?

http://www.volumesoffun.com/polyvox-about/

It's been a while since I've touched it, however it produces stable geometry at a nice price (0$ xD).

FastCall22: "I want to make the distinction that my laptop is a whore-box that connects to different network"

Blog about... stuff (GDNet, WordPress): www.gamedev.net/blog/1882-the-cuboid-zone/, cuboidzone.wordpress.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement