🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Week of Awesome V - Administration Thread

Started by
124 comments, last by Elijah Leon 6 years, 11 months ago

I'm thinking I might give this a shot. I'd like to make a console game, though. Will this be fine as long as I bundle it with a preconfigured emulator? It would be completely free and self-contained, without requiring any proprietary BIOS, etc.

Oh that's interesting. Like slicer I'd also like to know what platform you will be developing for. The GBA maybe? I've heard that there is an unofficial SDK called DevKitPro which makes creating games for it fairly easy.

By the way, I'm adding a nice feature to my engine (if you can call it that) in preparation for the competition. I've made it so that a game can detect file changes and reload the associated asset without requiring a restart of the game. It's working for shaders now, but will soon also work for textures and sounds.

Advertisement

I'm leaning toward Sega Genesis since I've already got a pretty good development environment set up, but don't hold me to that.

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

Minor update: please put our team-name down as "Pixel Magic"

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I hope I'm able to participate this year :D let's see!

http://trydierepeat.com

Week of Awesome III

@slicer4ever I'll use my gdnet blog, https://www.gamedev.net/blogs/blog/2227-avalanders-journal/ to update my progress.

@slicer4ever added WoA to the Community calendar recently. You can also tell the community you plan to participate by RSVP'ing for the event:

Admin for GameDev.net.

Once it starts I am going to make a gamedev blog for my game, do I need to provide a link to the blog for the judges?

22 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Once it starts I am going to make a gamedev blog for my game, do I need to provide a link to the blog for the judges?

You will have to submit the link to your blog (if there is any), where you post your daily updates on the game, in the description while submitting the game. 

Okay, so since I haven't found an artist to team up with yet. I'm wondering if it's a good idea to place a request in one of the forums. Which one would be more appropriate? The 2D and 3D art forum or the Hobby Projects Classifieds forum?

Even if you don't find a teammate, bear in mind that you may be able to find appropriate royalty-free artwork to use, and I believe that someone indicated previously in this thread that they might produce some assets specifically for entrants to make use of.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement