🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

JIT compiler fixes for 2.33.0 WIP compatibility

Started by
5 comments, last by Miss 5 years, 9 months ago

Just in case someone is interested in using the excellent JIT compiler by BlindMind studios, you will probably need the following fixes applied:

https://github.com/bluecataudio/AngelScript-JIT-Compiler/commit/f6f3ab9d79dda7f520a88c1db7ec5611a12b5b59

It fixes a compilation error due to the new string constants system and a runtime error with types missing addref and release.

Advertisement

Have you submitted these fixes to the official BlindMind JIT compiler project too?

I'm not sure if @ThyReaper is still actively following this forum. It's been a while since I saw anything from him.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

Yes, there is already an official request on github. However I have had another fix for more than a year and it was not reintegrated yet.

The original JIT repository is pretty good, but crashes for us after a while. Too bad it's not really getting many more updates. I'm glad you're maintaining a fork!

Ps, I've looked at some of your audio plugins, the Angelscript prototyping plugin looks really cool! Is there a trial/demo available for it? I actually had an idea of making a similar plugin a while ago but never got around to it.

Have you tried our version? It includes a couple of fixes and we have never had a crash ever since... (running on Mac and Windows).

There is indeed a trial version for the DSP scripting plug-in. You can find it on the right of the Plug'n Script plug-in page.

I haven't yet. It might be worth a shot trying!

Thanks for pointing out the trial is in the sidebar by the way, totally missed that when I was looking at it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement