Advertisement

What is an Alternitive to Visual Studio (windows 10) - Free

Started by May 28, 2019 02:39 AM
3 comments, last by BingBong 5 years, 3 months ago

G'Day....

One of the things that really bugs me about VisualStudio is that I can not work out how to open a 2nd window. If I want to open two projects to compare code and stuff I need to load up the files in NotePad++ or load the entire solution into my current project.

What I really want to do is load up the solution in a completely separate instance of the application so I can alt-tab between the two projects. It amazes me that this is not possible in videoStudio(as far as I know)

TL;DR : So I was hoping you guys may have a cool 3rd party app, preferably free that I can use to load up a visual studio solution. Some other programming environment of some kind. One that I can load, compile and even edit if I want.. so I can have that app and visual studio open at the same time.

If it matters my current projects are all in C#.

Thanks!

: GameDev.Net Blog: Open Blog; Read Blog : My uTube Chans : TragicTableTopTragicDeskTop

You can open up more than one instance of Visual Studio. With the program already open just middle mouse button the icon at the bottom in your toolbar, or run the program from the exe then open up your second project.

Programmer and 3D Artist

Advertisement
1 minute ago, Rutin said:

You can open up more than one instance of Visual Studio. With the program already open just middle mouse button the icon at the bottom in your toolbar, or run the program from the exe then open up your second project.

wow!

Thanks man!!!

: GameDev.Net Blog: Open Blog; Read Blog : My uTube Chans : TragicTableTopTragicDeskTop

I to have Visual Studio installed.  I have some minor problems with it, they say the newer version is better,faster and easier to use, but I find I am not really that comfortable with it.  There is a lot to it, though they say it is simple to use. Some things I can't seem to get to work for me. But it is probably more because I haven't taken the time to learn all of it.  I am studying python and I mainly use the Python shell with the manuals, it is easier and for HTML and Gaming I use Firefox browser with tutorials, since I am studying Gaming in browser API's.  I did download UNITY tool for gaming but it has so much bologna when downloading, they want to know if your gonna use it for production or to make money from it, like signing your life off just to use it, but I have found that Firefox's free 3D software is better and easier to use and Blender is just as good and easier to use!, and they don't ask for your life to sign up.  So, I kind of like the bells and whistles straight out of the box, simple, not complicated!  But maybe someday I will get use to Visual Studio!  I use it when I am bored.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement