Advertisement

Game Design (Noob) Question

Started by June 25, 2019 10:28 PM
1 comment, last by Rutin 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi all,

I'm a student at Open University Netherlands (Educational Sciences). I like gaming and I'm up to a task to design a Serious Educational Game (or mock up of it). I had the following idea and I wanted here to check/ask/verify if this is possible to design. And if that succeeds, how do I do that with which tools, engine ,... and other tips. I have no understanding of programming, but perhaps you had already guessed that?

My idea: I want to create an action/rpg to learn French as a second language (in Belgium). For example, I want features of a rpg in a 2D engine (for example Flare engine), so that the players see their avatar walking around. It would be an online game where players can chat and meet to go on a mission together. This is done in the 2D engine at a starting location. Then the players (single player or multiplayer) can go to a mission location alone or together. This is still happening in 2D. But to limit the system requirements and the size of the game, the missions location tasks would be executed with mini-games (as you can do with Scratch or Quest-text adventures for example). Is it possible to make this combination? If my explanation is not clear, I would like to give more information!

Greetings, Noork

Is it possible to design? Sure is.... How well the concept works in its implementation is another story. In terms of creating an actual game design you don't have to be a programmer to do this. If you're only looking to make a design concept without an actual prototype you'll be fine. Even then, you can find RAD tools that will allow you to concept out things quickly.

Programmer and 3D Artist

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement