Advertisement

Testers and white box QA needed for MOBA

Started by October 07, 2019 07:04 AM
1 comment, last by Lotus 4 years, 10 months ago

We are looking for black box testers and white box (technical) testers for our online MOBA-RTS hybrid game, War to the Core.

The game is fully playable, but we are introducing a new solo campaign that needs more elaborate testing as well as new multi-player features that need to be well-balanced. We could use testers that are into MOBA and RTS games, who want to take part of an interesting project.

If you want to help, then just post here, PM me, or drop by into our Discord server.

Learn more about our game here: https://www.indiedb.com/games/war-to-the-core and here: http://www.wartothecore.com.

Here are a few concepts from our game to give you a glimpse of the game's atmosphere.

Ballistic Cover Title Small.jpg

Cut Scenes Intro_2.jpg

Garage Concept 1.jpg

Check out War to the Core the world domination space MOBA-RTS hybrid.
Join us on Discord.
Into sci-fi novels? Then check out Spectral Legends.

I've got some questions about what exactly is a white-box tester, so here's the gist of it:

A white-box tester is someone with strong technical coding skills that is able to dig under the hood to discover bugs before they manifest (as in corner cases that are rare) and find root causes of bugs already encountered, as opposed to black-box testers that focus on the visible symptoms that players would face.

Both may or may not utilize advanced tools and creative thinking to help get their job done, and both help us produce a more solid game. The difference is in the approach and skill set needed.

Just for completeness, a black box QA in our team is different from public beta testers in that they focus more on finding bugs in the game, help with test planning, produce bug reports, and work as part of the official team to help narrow down root causes of bugs discovered.

Hope that clears it all up, but feel free to post or PM me any additional questions you may have.

Check out War to the Core the world domination space MOBA-RTS hybrid.
Join us on Discord.
Into sci-fi novels? Then check out Spectral Legends.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement