Advertisement

~AltarisNine NEW and upcoming RPG~

Started by October 18, 2019 03:51 AM
3 comments, last by James Suh 4 years, 10 months ago

My project started in 2014 but recently ended due to no funds.  AltarisNine was a Minecraft project based on RPG. The concept was nine islands that you explore at a time to follow an in depth lore based on our own production team. This is where the 'Nine' comes in. With skepticism of future success we hope to make this tale into chapters. Such as the first one introducing Nine islands at time.

It wasn't always the same though, my world did evolve over time and now I have a better idea of what it is better than ever. In the first island, Main Isle, is themed around jungles and wilderness. There's lore that stretches throughout the chapter which will engage the player. There would also be kinds of characters you can be such as any other RPG which could be talked about (because i'm still  about what I have lol)

My former team was designing a world players would get into interact with in various ways. Boss battles would be minigames and the RPG lore would be engaged in and something indie platforms would enjoy and talk about beyond platforms.

In the minecraft varient I was a builder, the leader, and the story director which everyone respected. I led my own team of builders and story writers. While I chose certain individuals to be the head department of development and art design.

The reason I am here is to find a new team to help take this away from minecraft and hope we can be successful about it. I'll happily commute each and every person that volunteers and will be accommodated down the line with promotions, wages, and definitely praised for helping start my dream up.

Here are some questions that were frequently asked and that I can thoroughly answer:

What is the goal of the game?
If you've ever heard of Wizard101. I got inspired by that game a little. I like the concept of making yourself in this world of mystery and impressing people with new mechanics and events that they enjoy. I'd like for the game to be successful and be mostly on PC but if this keeps up we could reach out to other consoles. But for now, PC, one platform at a time lol. My goal personally is to give people the entertainment and enjoyment I think they'll deserve. Something thats not cheesy, not cliche, something new to keep evolving the gaming community
Is this in first-person or third-person?
This will be a third person game. We can play around with the camera angles but I kind of want it from a aerial pov
I saw RPG in the post so can I assume that the game will have generic RPG elements, e.g. quests, npcs, story-line, items?
Yes this will have generic RPG elements. But with a few surprises that make the game different. Such as making boss fights some type of minigame. I don't know how the audience will like or even if it'll flow with game play. But I'd still like to take the idea on for now.
Will there be combats, e.g. vs. monsters, vs. players(?) ?
There will be tons of concepts. As i've said before the 'Nine' comes in the Nine isles of this world we haven't named yet lol. Each nine islands we come up with will not only give players plenty of content to play, but something we break up into story chapters. Each island will have its on set monsters tied to the story or even monsters that are just natural in their environment. There will also be a PvP aspect which can't be brought up too much because its difficult to try to come up with a player style culture that isn't too predictable or generic or even cliche. I was wondering if it should be an initiated fight or a head on duel like world of warcraft.
Is this a single player game or a multiplayer one?
Definitely multiplayer.
Will the game look like Minecraft? like a voxel/blocks game?
I imagined it not looking like minecraft but maybe that can be a concept of its own down the line (like an island concept). I was thinking along the lines of a 3D style and not like minecraft.
What are the core mechanics to be included, e.g. player movement, enemy movement, enemy AI?
This question is more technical but there will be interactive things in the world, things to collect, natural occurring crafting supplies to make new loot and weapons with. There will be NPC's and thats a broad topic enough lol. I'd even a imagine a pet, housing, and gardening system. But thats for accessories in coding and to give more content in the game for later polishing.
Is there a storyline already made?
There is an indirect storyline. We've made a script for voice actors (and just what to make the NPC's say in general) in A9 v1.
Are there goals already planned out?
There are many goals to set out. One each at a time for separate upcoming departments :)

The first 8 pictures were of our hub, the other 9 was our factions world. The factions world doesn't retain to this project I wanted you to see how dedicated I was to making this project. I built everything in the hub myself except for the giant pagodas. The last two photos were all the ones I could find of the RPG world

2017-01-13_20.16.23.png

2017-01-13_20.17.03.png

2017-01-13_20.17.53.png

2017-01-13_20.18.01.png

2017-01-13_20.18.09.png

2017-01-13_20.18.36.png

2017-01-06_22.36.36.png

2017-01-06_22.37.57.png

2017-01-06_22.42.26.png

2017-01-13_19.52.28.png

2017-01-13_19.52.32.png

2017-01-13_20.13.17.png

2017-01-13_20.15.02.png

2017-01-13_20.15.28.png

2018-04-09_21.28.14.png

2018-04-05_02.37.48.png

2018-04-06_23.50.43.png

2018-04-08_21.02.16.png

2018-04-09_21.27.52.png

2018-04-09_21.28.03.png

EDIT: The first 14 pictures is the first RPG world and the last ones are from our hub. All done by me, proudly :)

Advertisement

Hey, you didn't put in any contact information, do you have discord or something?

Please message Shadow#6439 on Discord if you are interested in working on the project.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement