Advertisement

[Rev-share][Unity][WIP] Looking for pixel artist (for animated units)

Started by October 29, 2019 07:48 AM
0 comments, last by nenzez 4 years, 10 months ago

I am a programmer who has been working on a game which is sort of a mix between Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (mostly) and a dungeon crawler (think Darkest Dungeon), in Unity.

Quick synopsis:

Single-player game which starts with you choosing a faction. Faction determines the city, heroes, units, and most importantly, the story. The gameplay is about exploring randomly generated maps where you collect resources in order to upgrade town where you hire troops and heroes, which you need to further progress in the main quest. Combat is turn/grid(hexes) based, very similar to HoMM3.

Why:

I really enjoyed homm3 back in the day and still do occasionally, although in a more casual manner when compared to some other homm3 fans, which enjoy the multiplayer. In this game I want to focus on single-player and replayability and make the gameplay closer to typical dungeon crawlers with more exploration and adapting to it while utilizing great core concepts from homm3 and adding more complex mechanics. There also doesn’t seem to be a lot of similar games in this niche which means that there’s a decent chance that it’s going to sell, assuming it’s done properly.

What is done:

(everything visual here is basically just a placeholder – free assets from unity store and other sites)

What is needed:

Main priority right now is animated units plus a single hero character for adventure map movement. Relatively low-rez – think 48x48 frame size with 3-4 frames per animation, although it may be discussed.

It is also possible to use 3D models instead although it would require some time to adapt the project for them.

If you like the idea and, by chance, a pixel/model artist, perhaps you can help me finish this project – send me a DM, or an e-mail - nenzez@protonmail.com, and let’s discuss it! If you have any questions, feel free to ask here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement