Advertisement

looking for people to create a 3d game engine

Started by November 23, 2019 07:19 PM
2 comments, last by 8Observer8 4 years, 9 months ago

im looking for developpers me to help me create a game engine in c++ with opengl, i should specify that i am absolutely not a professionnal, you can contact me via discord for more information

Rack#3697

Instead of starting your own one froms cratch, why not join an existing project? Making a game engine, especially with such a undefined featureset is very planing and knowledge intense. You should also know that you can't throw just a few libraries together cnad call that engine because there is much more belonging to a game engine than just rendering. Is it intended to be a monolithic one like Unity or do you want more flexibility and what about building the game, how is the game shipped and questions like that have to be awnsered.

By the way, this is our project, feel free to take a look what we already have https://gamedev.net/forums/topic/703055-game-framework-contributor-partner/

Advertisement

You can start from scratch using these video tutorials: Advanced C++/Graphics Tutorials

ThinMatrix uses Java/OpenGL but it is not difficult to translate his code to C++: OpenGL 3D Game Tutorials

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement