🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New Game PC, PS3 and Xbox360 - Fursan al-Aqsa - Knights of al-Aqsa Mosque

Started by
90 comments, last by udkultimate 2 years, 9 months ago

Do you Remember? Who misses that Golden Era? Multiplayer Madness is Back on Fursan al-Aqsa!

The mayhem is coming soon to PC, PS3, Xbox360...

Advertisement

@SufianDira Assalamu Alaykum Brother.

First of all, what do you understand as “Terrible 2007 Looking Graphics”?

I consider this as your personal opinion. Have you seen ALL the videos and screenshots I published here:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque

If you take a look at the character models, they are good looking yes, however you can't compare my character's models with the latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Also the animations are very fluid and well done, as I am using purchased Motion Capture Files.

Also the maps I am creating based on Counter Strike, as it is a well loved game by many shooter fans.

You are the first person that says my game looks terrible. Many people, many respected indie game developers praised my game on all it's aspects.

You can't judge my game by these development builds I am creating. These empty maps are just for testing the programming.

And if you are seeing a lot of pixelated edges on the graphics, it is because I intentionaly turned off all the anti aliasing of my graphics card do gain in performance, as my notebook is a bit old (from 2010).

Last but not least, I am not Arab, I am Brazilian from Arabic Ascendance (my father is from Palestine).

Graphics are not what make a game good or bad, many indie games created retro looking pixel art games and were suscessfull.

It seems like you are ashamed of Arabic Game Developers, and this is not good. We need to help each other. This is true for ALL indie developers out there, ALL indie games made by few persons (one or two devs) will always be more simple than AAA games done by thousands of people, however, many of these indie games are more fun and more creative than many AAA games.

Assalamu Alaykum Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatu.

Multiplayer SplitScreen and all its glory running on Xbox 360 RGH:

https://indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-...0-multiplayer1

Fursan al-Aqsa Dev Blog #7 - Making Off SplitScreen Multiplayer

In this article I discuss the technical details of how I implemented the Multiplayer with SplitScreen for my game.

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan...en-multiplayer

It's worth a reading

@SufianDira Jazak Allah Khayr Akhy.

No problems, it is very good to hear others opinions.

I know my game is a bit outdated (graphics), but I have done it purposelly, for many reasons. First of all, as you know, working as a solo dev is IMPOSSIBLE model, create ALL the assets by yourself. I already commented that I am using purchased 3D models from marketplaces like Turbosquid, CGTrader, and others. Many of these 3D models are yes, from 2009-2011, I purchased them many years ago, while I used to work with 3D for TV advertising. So whenever I began to develop my game, I already had a extensive library of 3D models and assets (even tough the marjority of these assets are a bit outdated). I could purchase new assets, more updadted models, however, I thought a lot about this, and in the end, I decided to stick with these old gen assets for many reasons.

First of all for final game size. I personally dont get new games, because, they are huge!!!! I only have 75GB of free space on my HD. These new games get up 50GB. And imagine the download time, especially here in Brazil!

Second, is the performance. I recently downloaded Yokaa Layle, for free on EPIC Games Store. And that game is fantastically optimized, and is only 5GB, and it run fine on my PC from 2010 (even tough it run at 25 fps with some small glitches).

If my game, on my old PC runs at almost 60fps, so what about these current gen pcs. It will run flawlessly and smoothly, and people will love to play this game, as it will have almost zero loading times, and for an action game, speed is all.

Also, because my game runs on Playstation 3 and Xbox360, also at 60 fps. Last, but not least, I like kinda retro 3D games graphics.

About the game itself, I would like to make it free, for the sake of Allah and Palestine Cause, however, because of personal (financial) questions, I will ask for a very small ammount, just to cover my development costs (because I have a wife and daughter to take care).

But the first episode, EPISODE 0 (kinda demo), I will release on a Pay what you want model, minimum value of zero, so you can still download and play for free.

The next upcoming episodes, I plan to sell from $1.99 to $2.49. Every episode comes with a Lot of Content, Maps, Missions, Weapons and so on (including multiplayer).

I plan to make 8 episodes on total.

Last, but not least, however purchases each episode of this game, will receive the 3 versions (PC, PS3 and Xbox360), like Pay for 1 and receive 3.

Assalamu Alaykom dear brother. And tahyat to the brothers of Jordan!

Fursan al-Aqsa - Enemies AI Update

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/18-fursan-al-aqsa-enemies-ai-update

This video shows the updated enemies AI in action, alongside the preview of a very fun new game mode: "Blow Them Up"

Let's frag!

In the next post I will reveal the tech detail of this new AI system I created using Kismet, the Visual Programming Language of Unreal Engine 3.

Cheers!

Fursan al-Aqsa - Enemies AI Update

https://www.indiedb.com/games/fursan-al-aqsa-knights-of-al-aqsa-mosque/videos/18-fursan-al-aqsa-enemies-ai-update

This video shows the updated enemies AI in action, alongside the preview of a very fun new game mode: "Blow Them Up"

Let's frag!

In the next post I will reveal the tech detail of this new AI system I created using Kismet, the Visual Programming Language of Unreal Engine 3.

Cheers!

When is the Israeli Defense Force campaign going to be implemented?

Yishtabach Shemo..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement