🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Need Help on IO Game Development

Started by
4 comments, last by 8Observer8 4 years, 5 months ago

Hi,

I am working as Unity 3D game developer for mobile as well as web. However I do not have idea on developing IO multiplayer games. I am not getting any tutorial on it, so that I can start the development. Can anyone provide me some tutorial or share your experience?xmxx xbxx xxn xnxc xnx xnzx

Thanks

Advertisement

What is IO ?
Mobile, huh. So you mean iOS, maybe? Why do you want to dev for iOS? Apps have better integration with the device, but as far as I see, the public games do no utilize this anymore. I mean I hate touching the Safari controls by accident . Do you want to copy pockemon go?

For iOS: buy a mac or rent a third party service which offers a remote desktop into a Mac.

I'm guessing he's asking about Agar.io, Slither.io, etc. I'm afraid I don't have any direct links to share, but many of these games are web based and therefore the source is available in the browser.

You can start here: Unity Multiplayer Game Development with Node

Use this free Unity Asset: Socket.IO for Unity - Asset Store

Deploy your server on free Heroku: Getting Started on Heroku with Node.js

But change this address like here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/can-i-connect-unity-app-with-node-js-server.403695/#post-3421521

if you run server in the localhost. the url should have " : port"
example (port = 47960)

ws://127.0.0.1:47960/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket

**but if you have deployed to heroku
the url must delete " : port"

ws://your-project-name.herokuapp.com/socket.io/?EIO=4&transport=websocket

it's work!

You can test it if you want:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement